From Mojave Desert to Catalina Island – macOS Catalina ver 10.15
Apple seems to have altered its Californian desert (Mojave) landmark themed naming convention and have moved to the Pacific Island of Catalina, which is one of California’s Channel Islands. The latest macOS desktop operating system has been released, now called macOS Catalina ver 10.15 .
According to Apple, it’s their most advanced desktop operating system with added new features such as:-
- ‘Sidecar’ which extends Mac desktops with iPad as a secondary display
- ‘Find My’ a new app which combines ‘Find Friend’ and ‘Find my iPhone’
- ‘Screen Time’ – this is a useful addition as this used to only be available on iPhones
- ‘Notes’ app has Gallery thumbnail view to quickly find notes with images, New Checklist Options that moves ticked items to the bottom and quickly reorder items using drag and drop, and has Shared folders that’s useful for sharing and collaborating with others
- Safari Updates has a new start page with suggested contents on browsing history, links from messages, weak passwords warning among others
- New Voice Control Accessibility features
- ….. and many more…
I have updated my mac, loving the new island desktop background and I have yet to discover these new features. Read more about new Catalina macOS in Apple’s Official newsroom website.